Friday, April 16, 2010

What Would You Title Your Life And Why? REVISED!

It’s Always a Two Way Ticket!

There is one thing in life that I have gotten down to a science; packing up and boarding that flight. Over the years, I have learned that it takes six boxes and six bags to pack up my entire life. I drag myself to the airport two hours before my plane is supposed to take off, and I wait around until I board yet another one of my long cross-country flights. Six years of this monotonous traveling back and forth.

I grew up with the warm weather and the Hollywood attitude flooding the streets. My parents knew from a young age that I was going to have many great adventures. The first one came when I was three years old; I came back from preschool and immediately went to pack my pink Barbie suitcase as I asked my mom if I could sleep over at my new friend Samantha’s house.

By fourteen, I could not get the thought out of my head about going to boarding school. I longed for a change; Los Angeles is all about who can afford the most expensive things and how much make-up a twelve year old girl can cake onto her face.

I decided to leave the beaches for the mountains.

Over the past six years, I have become a person who loves the sight of a perfect snowy night and the easy-going feeling of Vermont. Being on the East Coast has made me realize how much I love the different seasons and the friends that I have made.

I have created my own life as well as my own family. I have come to realize that where you grow up has an influence on whom you become, but it’s the people that you surround yourself with that make you the person you are today. Every flight I take I realize how lucky I am to have the experiences of living two different lives.

These long flights that I take give me time to contemplate my life as it has turned out. What would be different if I had chosen another path? But by the end of being squished in the middle of two random people I come to realize that I would not change the decisions I have made in my past, because they are what have made me who I am today.

No comments:

Post a Comment